Submissions now open for EIFF New Visions Short Film Competition
Are you a filmmaker aged 14 - 25?Posted 11th December
EIFF Youth New Visions Short Film Competition returns this year, with the same dedicated purpose – to discover the newest voices in Scottish film and bring their visions to the global stage.
*** SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN. CLOSING DATE IS 26th April 2019 AT 5PM . SUCCESSFUL SHORTLISTED FILMMAKERS WILL BE NOTIFIED IN MAY 2019***
Kick-start your career in film with a New Visions Award 2019!
Launched as part of 2018 Year of Young People, this year’s finalists will attend a public screening of their work at EIFF in June 2019, and compete for one of two New Visions Awards. Each award comes with a £300 cash prize.
Submission Requirements – Participation in the EIFF Youth New Visions Short Film Competition is completely free and we accept all genres and themes. However, interested filmmakers will need to ensure the following requirements are met:
- Two or more of the lead creatives (Director/Producer/Writer) must be aged 14 to 25 in June 2019
- The director and one other lead creative (Producer/Writer) must be based in Scotland
- The submitted short film does not exceed 15 min run-time
- All submitted films must have been completed after June 2018
- Submitted films must be Scottish premieres, which means they can’t have screened publicly in Scotland before
- Filmmakers can submit to the age category 14-18 or 19-25
*If the roles of Director, Producer & Writer were filled by the same person, then these rules only apply to this person.
The programme is curated by EIFF’s Youth Advisory Group, who will decide on the shortlist and determine the running order for the screening.
All shortlisted films will screen at Edinburgh International Film Festival on Saturday 29 June. Travel bursaries will be available to ensure each finalist can attend the screening.
A panel of judges – made up of film industry professionals – will select two New Visions Award winners. The winning films will be announced on 30 June 2019. Each award comes with a £300 cash prize.
Submissions can be made through email or WeTransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please write New Visions 14-18 or New Visions 19-25 in the subject line of your email.